A lot of online marketers battle to break even after they spend some money on marketing tools and strategies. Many are told a bunch of hype (and lies) about internet marketing techniques and how they can easily make money online.
I can honestly say most of what you hear about traffic generation is only a part of the whole process of building a successful business.
So, what’s still missing?
Is traffic generation not what you should only be focusing on to see significant results in your business? Of course not!
Allow me to explain…
Here is the missing part of the puzzle – lead conversion. For me, lead conversion was the deciding factor to having a breakthrough in my then failing network marketing business and eventually reach success.
Today, I’m the master of my own business. I work from home while being able to raise my two beautiful daughters 🙂 How I came to be here is what this blog post is about. It’s personal. But it’s also a story about determination and belief that things can turn around for the better.
Hopefully, after reading this article you will have your own not-so-secret, but often forgotten weapons to turn your business into success.
Lead Conversion – The Missing Piece of the Puzzle
Lead conversion is simply the most important part of any business!
Let’s face it, if you fail to turn your leads into customers you are wasting your money and your time. Why market and spend hours writing blog posts, tweeting your status updates and recording videos to post on your YouTube account if you can’t convert those leads for your business?
You tell me…
The problem is that most online hype focuses on the process, but not the solution. You are taught to:
- build an internet marketing blog
- use social media
- do video marketing
- create backlinks
- optimize your content for search engines
- use a capture page or opt-in box to generate a flood of traffic
- and more… (you get the picture)
…Great!… Well, not so great when the buck stops there. And that’s the biggest issue most struggling network marketers face in their business. In fact, any marketer who fails to make money online faces the same problem – they follow the advice, but fail to make money.
Lead Conversion – The Secret Between Failure and Success
Trust me! Once I understood this, my business went from failure to success. The rest as they say is history.
You can do the same, it really is not rocket science:
- you won’t need fancy, expensive tools,
- you won’t have to sign up for a 6 months’ membership course,
- and you won’t need hand-holding if you follow a few simple, yet powerful principles to convert leads to money, almost by design.
All you need to do is change your perspective!
No Hype. No Bull. It Works.
The magic word to make it all happen is YOU.
You are the deciding factor between business failure and success.
People are not sold on systems. They don’t care about hype (especially not on an emotional level), and they don’t give a damn about your products or services.
What people REALLY want is a solution to their problem and YOU are the deciding factor between a sale (conversion) or a lost lead. If your leads don’t have an emotional connection with you, they will simply disappear in search of the solution to their problem.
Am I making sense yet?
Here’s how you can sprinkle more of YOU into your business without coming across as an egomaniac.
Lead Conversion – How To Get It Right
Before I go into the real “meat” of traffic conversion, let me make one thing crystal clear: you still need to stick to traffic generation. You should do the blogging, the social media, the video marketing, and so on. But it doesn’t stop there.
After you have done the work and built your list, the real work – the most important part of your marketing starts.
This is where you build trust, relationships and ultimately your business!… And that’s Attraction Marketing 101.
In short and to be brutally honest, you must show your leads that you care about them. Honestly. Unless you really feel an honest urge to help your prospects to reach their wildest dreams, you will always struggle with your business.
Lead Conversion Strategies To Help You Connect With Your Leads Emotionally
Here are some of the lead conversion strategies and tools that I personally use to connect with my leads at no cost:
1) Webinars: I invite leads to my Q & A webinars where they get to ask me about anything related to marketing or my primary business. No hype. No fluff. Just pure value.
You can use webinars as a springboard to build your relationship with your leads. They will help you to establish yourself as a leader and build trust.
Word of caution: Don’t try to convince or beg them. Refer them to the relevant business sites and let them make their own decisions without you overloading them with too much information.
Frebinar is a very popular online free webinar service. You can invite leads, build custom registration forms, share your PC, collect their info and follow up.
2) Company training: I invite my leads to my company’s free weekly marketing training, so that they can learn how to market their business like the industry leaders do (even if they don’t join me in the end).
Regardless what internert marketing company you’re with, most of them hold regular training sessions by phone. Usually these are recorded for future reference. So, you can share them with your prospects.
3) Personal calls: A great way to build more trust with your leads is by having a personal contact, immediately after they opt-in.
Don’t spend hours on end chatting with prospects. It’s all about making that important initial contact with them and showing that you really care about them.
I don’t spend a dime on phone calls to my prospects. I use Skype, it’s free and easy to install. If they are not on Skype already, I send them a request to connect with me.
4) Staying in touch: Network marketing is like dating, you have to nurture the relationship to keep it going and grow stronger. Here’s how I stay connected with my leads:
- Auto responders and broadcast messages: If you are not broadcasting to your list, then you need start doing this right after reading this post. If you don’t know what to write about, don’t fret! Check out Email Marketing Strategies To Bring You More Sales and SignUps!
- Social networking: On the second day after my leads have opted in, they receive an automated invite to stay in touch with me. I give them links to my blog and social media sites so that they can follow me and learn more. And I use a signature with all these links in every message.
5) Reply to their emails/comments: How many online marketers fail to reply to personal emails or blog comments? A lot. Actually, make that most people. You don’t have to spend hours replying to comments either.
It usually takes anywhere from thirty minutes to one hour each day, depending on how popular you are. If you use Gmail, you can easily sort, track and archive any email you want.
6) Offer discounts and/or free bonuses: Free bonuses are all the rage in the online world. Even better so if they actually contain valuable tips and information. Giving away valuable freebies is key if you want to build trust with your list. These could be:
- PDF reports using Open Office for PC, or NeoOffice for Mac
- eBooks using the same two free programs as above
- MP3 recordings using these free converters
- Voice recordings made with Audacity (free)
- Video tutorials made with Jing (free)
- And more.
I have a 7-day online marketing training that it’s available for anyone interested. I usually give a discount on the signup fee. Offer discounts sparingly, because if you overdo this, then people will become suspicious and think you’re just after their money.
As you can see, there are so many things you can implement into your business today to build those all important relationships, for free. Nothing should stop you from using them immediately to increase your conversions.
I hope that by now you are seriously thinking about some of the things I mentioned in this post. I truly hope that they will help you to go from a struggling (zero) network marketer to a hero. These principles have helped me to do exactly that and I don’t see why you can’t do the same or even better! 😉
Your turn now, how do you convert leads into customers and signups? Please share your strategies below.